Who We Are
We are not just a furniture store. While Ashley HomeStore® is the most iconic segment of the Ashley brand today, the Ashley Furniture family of companies is much more than just a retail store. Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world with major manufacturing facilities in the United States and abroad. Ashley Furniture Industries supplies furniture to over 6,000 retail partners in 123 countries. Ashley Distribution Services, Ltd. delivers over 30 million pieces of that furniture annually with its gigantic fleet of trucks and trailers while also providing backhaul services to many other companies. Ashley Global Retail, LLC operates Ashley HomeStore retail furniture stores throughout the United States. Ashcomm, LLC operates, the Ashley HomeStore retail website.
- How and why we collect your personal information;
- How your personal information is used and protected;
- When and with whom we share your personal information; and
- What choices you can make about how we collect, use, and share your personal information.
Personal information is that directly or indirectly identifies, describes, relates to, is reasonable capable of being associated with, or can reasonably link to a particular consumer or household.
The information we collect and how we use it
We collect two types of information:
- information we receive from you; and
- information we receive from others.Information we receive from you includes information you share with us, such as when you create an account on one of our websites. This also includes information you provide us through technology, such as through a cookie placed on your computer when you visit our websites. We also receive information from other sources to help us supplement our records, improve the personalization of our service to you, and detect fraud. Our goal is to limit the information we collect to the information needed to support our business.
We collect information to deliver the products and services you request and to help improve your shopping experience. You share information with us in various ways in our stores and online. For example, you share information when you:
- Make an in-store or online purchase, or other transaction, with us;
- Create an account on one of our websites or mobile services;
- Participate in our programs;
- Request customer service or contact us;
- Post a review or comment on one of our social media pages, or post a rating, review, or other user generated content on one of our websites or mobile services;
- Participate in a contest, sweepstake, promotion, or survey; or
- Use features of our websites and mobile services that may ask you to grant us access to the camera on your computer or mobile device (such as image search, augmented reality, or scanning bar codes).When you engage in these activities, you may share different types of personal information with us, such as your name, email address, physical or postal address, phone number, date of birth, and payment information.
You also provide us information in other ways through technology. Some of this information may be linked to you personally. This information helps our websites and mobile services work correctly and supports our customer marketing and analytics efforts—our work to understand our customers’ needs and provide information about our products and services. Here are some examples:
- Device Information: We collect technical information when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications or services. This includes information such as internet protocol (IP) address, the type of mobile device you use, your device operating system and browser type, a unique device identifier, the address of referring websites, the path you take through our websites, and other information about your session on our websites.
- Browsing Information: We use our own and third party technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and mobile device identifiers to collect information about the use of our websites and mobile services. For more information about these technologies, see “Cookies” below.
- Location Information: We may collect information about your location when your device is set to provide location information. For example, your device’s GPS signal allows us to show you the nearest Ashley HomeStore locations. We may be able to recognize the location of a mobile device in stores where we provide customers free WiFi access or through the use of Bluetooth technology. Through mobile services, Bluetooth technology in our stores allows us to show you nearby products that may interest you, making it easier for you to locate products within and navigate through the store.
- Facility Cameras: We operate cameras in store for security and operational purposes, for example, to help us improve the design of our stores to better serve our customers.
We receive information about you from other sources so that we can fulfill orders for our products that you have placed with third party retailers and to help us correct or supplement our records, improve the quality or personalization of our service to you, and prevent or detect fraud. Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- Purchase, delivery, and address information from third party retailers that sell our products and then send us the product orders to fulfill;
- Updated delivery and address information provided our carriers; and
- Account information from third party lenders or lease-to-own service providers to enable us to complete your purchases.
Below is a table showing the categories of personal information that we collected during the preceding 12 months and identifying for each category the source categories for that information, the business or commercial purposes for collecting that information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share that information.